Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Black forest cake III

Another blackforest cake but with a different decoration. This one is for my third aunt's birthday. She requested for this cake after she tried the one I baked for my cousin's baby's full month birthday. This is definitely a popular cake among my relatives.
Chocolate sponge cake and whipped cream recipes are taken from Rose Levy Beranbaum Cake Bible book and the chocolate whipped cream recipe is taken from Pierre Herme Chocolate Desserts book. I love to use fruits to decorate cakes. It's much easier than using cream to pipe borders and patterns on the cake. And fruits are much more appealing and healthier than loads of cream. Maybe that's an excuse as I'm not good at piping yet.



No comments:

You might also like this:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...