Monday, August 18, 2014

Good Old Butter Cake with Prunes


In the mood to have some good old butter cake for coffee break. The kitchen was filled with the tantalizing aroma the good old butter cake and I just can't wait to sink my teeth into a slice of it when it's fresh out from the oven. So fragrant and so soft and moist to the touch. Have it with a cuppa with family and friends during leisurely afternoon break is such a wonderful, simple pleasure. I used the recipe from my Light Butter Cake and added prunes to it. Be sure to coat the prunes with some flour to lighten it before adding to the cake mixture. This is to ensure not all the prunes will sink to the bottom of the cake when baking. I love this lighter version. Using whole eggs instead of just egg yolks means there's lesser cholesterol and fat. A plus point, can indulge a little more. Haha ..... And I used the separate eggs method (whisk the yolks and beat the egg whites to stiff peaks separately) to create this lighter feel. To indulge, use brandy instead of vanilla extract. Delicious .... yummy .... 



No comments:

You might also like this:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...