Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
70g plain flour
30g cake four
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 large egg at room temperature
44g caster sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
45g unsalted butter, melted
Handful of dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds
* You can make your own buttermilk by adding 1 tsp of white vinegar or lemon juice into a cup of fresh milk that fills up to 1 cup (240ml). Leave it to stand for 5 minutes.
Pre-heat oven at 200 degree celsius.
Line a 6-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners
- Sift the 2 flours, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- In another bigger mixing bowl, beat the egg and caster sugar until creamy. Add in the vanilla extract, cooled coffee mixture, melted butter and buttermilk. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture above. Using a rubber spatula, mix until all the ingredients are just incorporated. Add in the dried cranberries and mix gently. Do not overmix or you will end up with tough muffins.
- Scoop the dough into each cupcake liner, filling it up to the brim.
- Sprinkle each muffin with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake at 200 degree celsius for the first 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to 180 degree celsius and bake for the next 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and leave them to cool on wire racks.
Makes about 5 large muffins