Thursday, August 11, 2011

National Day Cookies Party

It's Singapore's 46th birthday. I made two batches of cookies for Ryan to bring to his class party. On top of these cookies, Ryan included two packets of corn chips. He wanted me to melt some cheddar cheese to go with the chips. Unfortunately, the melted cheese hardened into one big lump upon cooling. So how? Forget about the cheese. The boys just have to eat the chips without the cheese dip. After dropping him off at school in the morning, some of the other mummies and I had our very own breakfast party at Bishan Park MacDonald. We had a wonderful time catching up on what our boys were doing in class. 

For the first batch, I made the all-time and old-fashioned favourites with kids - chocolate chip cookies. I got this recipe from Joy of Baking website. I reduced the amount of sugar, the brown sugar to white sugar ratio and the temperature setting to yield a crispier cookie. Crunch ........


The second batch is the double chocolate with nuts cookies. It's super chocolatey and crunchy at the same time, with all types of chopped nuts thrown in. I have cashew nuts, macadamia nuts, pecan nuts and almond nuts all toasted first and chopped into smaller pieces. I modified the recipe from Joy of Baking website too. Why is it called double chocolate? That's because it has both bittersweet chocolate bars and cocoa powder in it. I love this better than the chocolate chip cookies because they are less sweet, more chocolatey and nutty.

Happy 46th Birthday, Singapore!



No comments:

You might also like this:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...