If you love peanut butter banana sandwich, you will love this muffin. This muffin has a dollop of creamy peanut butter in the centre and with a few slices of banana added to it. I love peanut butter banana sandwich. I thought, why not create a peanut butter banana muffin? I got down to working out the recipe and baked. Ummm .... it's yummy. Soft and moist with the taste of fragrant peanut butter and sweetness of the banana slices. How about a cup of freshly brewed coffee and a peanut butter banana muffin for breakfast to kickstart your morning?
100 gm. Sugar
100 gm Butter
2 large eggs
½ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla essence
150 ml. Buttermilk or Fresh milk
50g peanut butter
180g Cake flour
40g Plain flour
3¼ tsp baking powder, sifted together with the flour
1 large banana cut into slices
65 gm. Egg white (optional)
(1) Pre-heat the oven at 220°C.
(2) Line two 6-hole muffin pans with cupcake liners.
(3) Lightly beat the 2 eggs with the salt and vanilla essence.
(4) Beat butter and sugar in a mixing bowl till smooth and creamy.
(5) Add in eggs a little at a time into the butter-sugar batter. Beat to incorporate the eggs into the batter.
(6) Add in 1/3 of the buttermilk or fresh milk and 1/3 of the flour mixture into the batter. Fold gently. Continue with another 1/3 of the milk and flour until all the milk and flour are folded into the batter.
(7) Optional - Whisk egg white till soft peak and fold into batter. Be careful not to overwork this batter.
(8) Scoop a spoonful of the batter to fill half of each muffin cup followed by a teaspoon of peanut butter.
(9) Add in 2-3 slices of banana and fill up the muffin cup with the remaining batter.
(10) Add 2 slices of banana onto the top of each muffin cup.
(11) Bake at 220°C for the first 5 min followed by another 15 min at 180°C or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
(12) Remove from oven and leave it to cool on a wire rack.