Added some chocolate frostings to make it even more chocolatey.
165g cake flour
55g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
230g soft brown sugar
165ml corn or canola oil
65g unsweetened cocoa powder dissolved in 150ml boiling water
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Position rack in center of oven. Butter or line with paper liners, 12 – 2¾ x 1½ inch muffin cups.
2. In a bowl, dissolve 65g of unsweetened cocoa powder in 150ml boiling water. Whisk till smooth. Leave aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, 90ml water, vanilla extract and ¼ of the cooled chocolate mixture.
4. In another large bowl whisk together the two flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Add in the oil and ¾ of the chocolate mixture into the above flour mixture. Mix till well combined using a rubber spatula.
6. Pour the egg & chocolate mixture into the above flour mixture and mix gently with a rubber spatula until well combined. Do not overmix.
7. Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter (the muffin cups will be full).
8. Place in the oven and bake at 220°C for the first 5 minutes. Turn temperature down to 180°C and baking for another 15s minute or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
9. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 5 minutes before removing from pan.