Saturday, July 6, 2013

Peanut Butter Banana Cake


Peanut butter with banana. Do you think it is weird or delicious? For people who love peanut butter (I think most people - children and adults alike) and banana, they will love the combination. I baked this cake for one of my cell group member's birthday. Unfortunately she was sick on the day of our meeting. I took a few slices for the rest of my cell group members to try and the balance for family to enjoy.

How did I come up with this interesting combination? I love peanut butter banana sandwich - 2 slices of bread spread with butter and peanut butter and sandwiched with a layer of freshly sliced bananas. My mum used to make this sandwich for me when I was younger, but minus the peanut butter. I never fail to finish it. Then how did the peanut butter come in? I fell in love with this when I had this sandwich at Toast at Ngee Ann City many years ago. Eversince, it's always butter, peanut butter and bananas.

To make the peanut butter frosting, I searched the web for recipes. There were many different versions, some without butter, some using heavy cream, etc. In the end, I came up with my very own recipe. I would say it's yummy. Lots of peanut butter flavour. Hope you will like it.

Banana Cake
You can find the recipe in my previous posting here.

Peanut Butter Frosting
Ingredients:
113g unsalted butter, at room temperature
250g creamy peanut butter
70-80g powdered sugar

Method:

  1. Using a spatula or handheld mixer, cream all 3 ingredients together until well blended and creamy.
  2. Refrigerate it until it is firm enough to spread on the cake.
Note: 
If you find the frosting a little lumpy, you can add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until it becomes smooth and creamy. I did not have to do this.
If you have a sweet tooth, you can add more powdered sugar.


Assembly:

  1. Remove the top crust of the banana cake so that it is flat.
  2. Spread the peanut butter frosting on the sides and top evenly.
  3. If you want to pipe the frosting, use a star tube. Decorate to your liking.


 w

No comments:

You might also like this:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...