Friday, March 13, 2015

Fruity Christmas Log Cake



Christmas season is here again. This is the season where we remember God's precious gift to us - Jesus Christ, our saviour, Prince of Peace. It's a season filled with love, warmth, joy and hope.

When it's January, I look forward to December. It's the time when the kids have finished their exams and holidays begins. no more stress from school. A time for travelling and relaxation. A time for nice cool weather to enjoy outdoor activities, if it's not raining. A time to find reasons to shop and feast. A time to bake for family and friends. Lovely season, but it's gonna end soon and a new year begins .... 

This time round, I decided not to bake the usual log cake that I've been baking the past few years. I wanted something different, light and fruity (healthier I guess)  for my cell group Christmas party. Thus I settled on a light genoise sponge cake sprinkled with rum-flavoured syrup, frosted with vanilla fresh cream and filled and decorated with lots of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. I'm so glad that my cell group members love it.




No comments:

You might also like this:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...