Pardon me for my tardiness in updating my blog. I baked these cupcakes around the time of baking the Devil's Food Cake with Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting but did not update them into my blog. But better late than never .... Here they are - with two types of frosting - salted caramel cream cheese and strawberry cream cheese. Both frosting are deliciously good and go well with the bitter dark chocolate cupcake. The caramel frosting is sweet and salty while the strawberry frosting has a slight tartness to it and it's refreshing.
Devil's Food Cupcake (Get recipe here)
Salted Caramel Cream Cheese frosting (Get recipe here)
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
Strawberry Puree (Adapted from Rose Levy Beranbaum's Cake Bible book)
560g whole strawberries, frozen without sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
1. In a colander suspended over a deep bowl, thaw the strawberries completely. This will take several hours. Press them, if necessary, to force out the juice. There should be close to about 1 and 1/4 cup of juice.
2. In a small saucepan, boil the juice until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Pour it into a lightly oiled heatproof glass measure.
3. In a food processor, puree the strawberries. You should have about 1 cup of puree. Stir in the strawberry syrup and lemon juice.
** The remaining strawberry puree can be kept frozen until needed.
113g unsalted butter, cut into cubes, room temperature
113g cream cheese, cut into cubes, room temperature
20g powdered sugar (can be a little less or more depending on the tartness of the puree)
40-50g strawberry puree (depending on your taste preference)
1. Using a handheld mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese together until light and fluffy.
2. Add in the strawberry puree and continue beating until well combined.
3. Add in the powdered sugar a little at a time and continue beating until well combined, light and fluffy.
Decorate the cupcakes with the frosting as per your desire and preference.