Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sweet & Salty - Salted Caramel Sauce


Honestly speaking, I've never like caramel, be it in chocolate or ice-cream. In chocolate, I hate the feeling of it being stuck to my teeth other than the sweetness. As for ice-cream, it's one flavour that I will not choose. My favourites are rum and raisin, strawberry, D24 durian and Mao Shan Wang durian. Until one day, I chanced upon sweet and salty caramel sauce ......

I found this recipe in Brown Eyed Baker blog. I looked at it and was attracted to the SALT in it. It's not all sweet and gooey. The ingredients are easily available - sugar, salt, butter and heavy cream. I guess the only challenge is the caramelizing of the sugar part - it must be at the right temperature and color. I failed this challenge the first time. The sugar was too burnt to be saved. I have to throw that away and start all over again. Luckily, I succeeded. Yeah ......

I used this sauce to make the salted caramel cream cheese frosting for Devil's Food Cake and cupcakes. It's delicious. I love the sweet and salty taste all in one. Drizzle it over pancakes, waffles, bananas, ice-cream - simply wonderful.

Refer to Brown Eyed Baker blog for the recipe.



No comments:

You might also like this:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...