Friday, October 12, 2012

Bacon & Ham Melt Sandwich

 
Maison Kayser (Paris) at Scotts Square. This bakery cafe located at the basement of Scotts Square has a nice collection of good artisan bread, pastries and sandwiches. I went there for lunch one weekday and ordered a bacon, cheese and rocket sandwich. A simple sandwich but exceptionally delicious. The ciabatta bread has a very nice chewy bite to it and very flavourful. I love it so much that I bought two small ciabatta bread home, with the intention of re-creating the sandwich.

For my version, I put in a slice of crispy bacon, blackforest ham, emmental cheese, tomatoes and rocket leaves. I toasted the ciabatta with the cheese lightly to allow the cheese to melt. It is then dressed up with bacon, ham, tomatoes and rocket leaves. To complete the taste experience, I drizzled Robert Rothschild Raspberry Honey Mustard Pretzel Dip onto the rocket leaves. The crispiness and saltiness of the bacon, the sweet nutty, tangy taste of the raspberry honey mustard infused into the bitterness of the rocket leaves and the chewy, crusty and flavourful ciabatta bread completes this simple and delicious sandwich. Enjoy .............

 

No comments:

You might also like this:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...