I baked some blueberry muffins for my son, Ryan to bring to school to eat during his recess time break. This boy is so passionate about football now that he would rather play than queue for his food during recess time. Now, he has no excuse for not eating. Have his muffin first and off to football! Baked some extras too for my three lovely golf friends (Janet Ting, Janet Sim and Christine) to enjoy during our game. Weather was fantastic and we had a good time.
This recipe was taken from Rose Levy Beranbaum Bread Bible. I reduced the amount of sugar by 10% and it's perfect.
100 gm Sugar
100 gm Butter
2 large eggs
½ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla essence
150 ml. Buttermilk or Fresh milk or 130g sour cream
170g Cake flour
50g Plain flour
2½ tsp baking powder, sifted together with the cake flour & plain flour
**(If using sour cream, ½ tsp baking soda+ ½ tsp baking powder)
100 gm. Fresh Blueberries
(1) Beat butter and sugar till smooth and creamy.
(2) Add in eggs one at a time and beat until incorporated.
(3) Fold in one third of the buttermilk or fresh milk followed by one third of flour mixture. Continue until all buttermilk or fresh milk and flour mixture are incorporated. Don't overfold.
(4) Throw in fresh blueberries and lightly fold.
(5) Scoop into paper cups in muffin pan and bake at 180C for about 20 min.s or till skewer inserted comes out clean.
(6) Remove from oven and leave it to cool on a wire rack.
Makes about 12 muffins.